CGSBS Mission Statement
To make it a "HuangPu Military Academy" in the midst of modern economization with the mission of training students to be successful professionals who have Chinese identity and international mindedness. It aims to become an excellent example in Chinese educational field and to make our society a better place to live in because of our existence.
Purpose of the policy
This publication aims to set up an Academic Honesty atmosphere in the whole school, helping students to understand the importance of the Academic Honesty and develop sense of respecting intellectual copyright. According to IB, Academic honesty is an essential aspect of teaching and learning in IB programs, it must be seen as a set of values and skills that promote personal integrity and good practice in teaching, learning, and assessment. We encourage all students to conduct themselves responsibly and expect all students to avoid any academic malpractice. To achieve this, we focus on educating students through the application of the Learner Profile. One of the aspects of the learner profile is Principled, which learners strive to “act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences. ”Considering importance of academic integrity and the requirements of IB training objectives, the Junior School develops and implements an academic integrity policy.
Implementation of the policy
• All staff members will have one copy of the policy
• All staff is familiar with the policy in the Professional Development sessions each year
• The students will be shown and explained the policy at the beginning of every year
• Parents will be shown the policy every year
• The Senior Management Team together with the related staff will review the policy every year
• Any behavior that breaches this policy will be paneled
• 剽窃: 有意或无意使用他人的想法观点、文字或作品而未经适当、清晰和明确的承认。除非另有说明和承认，否则使用翻译材料也被视为剽窃。
• 其他：任何使考生获得不公平的优势或影响另一位考生考试结果的行为（例如，把未经授权的材料带入考场等考试期间的不当行为；伪造 CAS 活动记录）1
Understanding academic honesty
Academic integrity is a guiding principle in education and a choice to act in a responsible way whereby others can have trust in us as individuals. It is the foundation for ethical decision-making and behaviour in the production of legitimate, authentic and honest scholarly work2. Academic honesty must be seen as a set of values and skills that promote personal integrity and good practice in teaching, learning and assessment. It is influenced and shaped by a variety of factors including peer pressure, culture, parental expectations, role modelling and taught skills.
The academic integrity policy aims to define and clarify what is academic integrity, and to clarify our expectations of our students in terms of academic integrity. In order to allow all members of the learner community to understand academic integrity and know what behaviors may lead to violations of academic integrity.
Definition of malpractice
Malpractice is defined as behavior that results in, or may result in, the candidate or any other candidate gaining an unfair advantage in one or more assessment component. Malpractice includes:
• plagiarism: defined as the representation, intentionally or unwittingly, of the ideas, words or work of another person without proper, clear and explicit acknowledgment. The use of translated materials, unless indicated and acknowledged, is also considered plagiarism.
• collusion: this is defined as supporting malpractice by another candidate, as in allowing one’s work to be copied or submitted for assessment by another
• duplication of work: this is defined as the presentation of the same work for different assessment components and/or diploma requirements
• any other behaviour that gains an unfair advantage for a candidate or that affects the results of another candidate (for example, taking unauthorized material into an examination room, misconduct during an examination, falsifying a CAS record)3.
Supporting and responsibilities
Academic integrity must be part of the teaching and learning processand an aspiration of the entire school community. Maintaining such afostering environment where academic integrity is understood andadhered to is a key accountability of the school leadership team. Itshould inspire all members of the community to uphold the values ofrespect and trust where everybody assumes an equal responsibility to uphold this principle. People who are responsible for Academic Honesty include:
The school leadership team ，Programme Coordinators ，Teaching and non-teaching staff，Students，Parents and legalguardians .