深圳福田泰然学校12月教学活动通讯- Newsletter of December
We had an exciting and event packed month of December. I would like to take a moment to review this month’s events and preview what’s coming in January.
Month in Review/12月回顾:
1. College Week: FIFA students in middle school were given an entire week of preparation for University abroad, ending on Dec. 9th. Teachers incorporated University planning into the content, while speakers from all over the world were invited to present on topics including: Admissions, Careers in technology, Careers in Music and the Arts, Life on Campus when living abroad. We greatly appreciate the effort that went into planning and delivering this annual event!
2. Makerspace Camping: G6 students attended the first annual camping event at FIFA. Activities centered around “Makerspaces” where students used everyday materials to create telescopes, electrical Christmas cards, and working catapults. Students rose to the challenge and were quite successful in their creations. In addition to activities, students brought their tents and sleeping bags. They had to erect their tent with parents, then all enjoyed music from the attending band. Late night events were movies and games. We had so much fun and hope to make this a yearly tradition.
3. Model UN Competition: Two of our groups made entrance to the final round of the Model UN Conference. On Saturday, Dec. 19th, the delegates representing New Zealand and Pakistan joined hundreds of other students from 43 countries to engage in lively debate and cooperation. We are very proud of our students in MUN club and hope to provide them many more opportunities to grow in public speaking.
4. International Dept. Performances:
Students have been hard at work all month preparing for the school-wide and departmental events. We are excited to be entertained from an array of vocal, instrumental, and dance performances.
TIPS FOR PARENTS TO HELP THE SCHOOL:
1. Please monitor Gradelink to keep track of your child’s grades. From the Gradelink site you can view homework scores, tests and quizzes, and projects. Discuss the child’s progress with them and reinforce good homework habits they will need for the future.
2. Reinforce behavior expectations and social training from home. Have students model their classroom behavior rules. Parents can ask students to show them what to do in class if they need to ask a question or go to the restroom. When students practice and model behaviors, it helps them to remember and follow these rules at school.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR JANUARY/一月活动安排:
JAN 5-12TH: Winter MAP testing MAP考试周
JAN 11-15TH: Final Exams Week 期末考试周
JAN 18th: Last Day for students-Chinese New Year Begins.
Dec. 23 2020